Sunday 8 June 2014

Eating in Calis Beach - Aroma

On my way back to the UK from Ankara, I stopped off in Calis Beach, Fethiye for a much needed break.  Calis Beach is where I first fell in love with Turkey, the friendly locals, the stunning sunset and the fantastic food.  Unusually the weather wasn't great on this visit, with stormy weather, but I got to enjoy some sunshine, and of course ate some great food.

My favourite restaurant in Calis Beach has to be Aroma.  Its a small restaurant in a perfect location on the seafront, where you can sit and listen to the waves, and of course watch the famous Calis sunset.


I was welcomed by Mustafa who is the perfect host, friendly, welcoming and willing to explain the menu and make recommendations if required.  The restaurant serves Turkish and Greek food, and there's no rice, chips and salad combo here, which is a refreshing change as most of the other restaurants serve them, and I have to say it can get a little bit boring.  No boring food in Aroma though!

I selected Papoutsakia to start, this is a greek dish, which is stuffed aubergine, with mincemeat and tomatoes.  For my main meal, I chose something from the Turkish menu, which was chicken in a radish sauce.

First the garlic bread and dips came to the table, again something a little bit different for Calis Beach and they tasted very good.


My aubergine starter came out bubbling away, and was full of flavour.


Finally my main meal of the chicken and radish sauce was served, and it had so much flavour.  The presentation was nice, and the side dishes of grilled vegetables (carrots and courgettes) and onion and orange were so tasty.  Aroma serves different side dishes, so when I visited a second time I got something different, but it was equally as delicious.



After the meal I had a coffee and never felt rushed to leave.  The service was friendly and efficient.

I would recommend Aroma to anyone in the Fethiye area who is looking for something a little bit different.  I know I will be back again, and it will be at the top of my list for a visit!

Aroma is on the seafront in Calis Beach.  As you come onto the prom from the bridge turn right, it is situated between a tour agency and Merhaba restaurant, in front of Ibrahim Bey hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment