Tuesday 11 February 2014

Turkish Food - Gozleme

On my recent trip to Bolu, I had one of my favourite types of food for lunch.  It is no secret that I am a big fan of gozleme.  I don't think I have ever had a bad gozleme, but the one I had in Bolu has to be one of the best.  We had found a small restaurant ( http://www.kubbealti.net/ )that had a big selection of gozleme and you could have them with a yoghurt topping or without.




Gozleme is a very thin pastry dish and it comes with a variety of fillings, I usually go for a vegetable filling, and on this occasion I went for aubergine and potato.

We chose a table where we could watch the ladies make the gozleme.


It's always fascinating to watch these ladies at work, they work quickly and efficiently to feed their hungry customers.  The gozleme are cooked on a griddle which you can just about see at the front of the photograph.

This place was full of hungry locals, it was a popular choice for a quick lunchtime snack,  When the gozleme arrived we weren't disappointed.


It tasted fantastic and a perfect snack after a couple of hours travelling on the bus.  Accompanied with a glass of Turkish tea of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment